Mander Portman Woodward Colleges:
The MPW group was founded by three Cambridge University graduates in the 70s and is now one of the best known and well respected independent college brands in the UK. The group is made up of three fifth and sixth form colleges in London, Birmingham and Cambridge of which provide very attractive and modern learning environments located near high ranking University campuses.
The MPW group teaches approximately 1,050 students each year, of which two thirds are UK home students and the remaining third are international students.
A high standard of education is maintained within the MPW Group of which is driven by a common governance model and a common set of principles and operational methods to which each college follows by.
The mission of our group is to help students develop their confidence, maturity, knowledge and skills with the ultimate goal of turning their academic aspirations into reality.
Through building a culture of success we can ensure that our students are happy and supported through lessons, continuous assessment, excellent pastoral care and extensive higher education guidance.
As such, the aim of the MPW group is to:
- Encourage our students to set high academic goals
- Work alongside parents in order to encourage a strong work ethic as well as building the confidence/self-belief to achieve set goals
- Teach a varied and flexible curriculum that enables tailored programmes of study which match the individual needs of students, in order for them to realise their specific academic interests.
- Help students to achieve high academic success through a combination of small class sizes, highly qualified teachers with a strong focus on learning objectives
- Assist students through the use of our excellent pastoral support system, which is focused on their individual needs and also understands their personal and emotional challenges that are common among 14 to 19 year olds
- Provide guidance to students in order to increase their chances of securing places at high ranking Universities.
- Foster a friendly and informal environment where students can develop their personal discipline and values which will help them go on to lead fulfilled lives and make a positive impact on society
MPW London is located near South Kensington Underground station on Queen’s Gate Road.
MPW Birmingham is location in Edgbaston which is only a few minutes away from the city centre. Birmingham city is located in the West Midlands region of England.
MPW Cambridge is situated on Trumpington Road near the Cambridge University Botanic Gardens. Cambridge is located in the county of Cambridgeshire approximately 50 miles north of London.
MPW has consistently high records of exam results over many years and across all three colleges. The results from 2015, for all three colleges, are as follows:
- 35% of exams taken at MPW got A*/A grades (national average – 26%)
- 69% of exams taken at MPW got A*-B (national average – 52%)
MPW Group has more A level options than most academic institutions in the UK with 47 different subjects offered over six different course durations. This includes retake durations and there are also no restrictions on the combination of subjects or course lengths.
The MPW group also has 33 GCSE options that students can choose from.
University Foundation courses are offered at MPW London and Cambridge and include Mathematics and Statistics, Economics, International Relations and Politics.
|Entry Requirement||Length||Prices (£)||Link|